Organization Name : Cognitive Class
Course Provider : IBM
Course Name : Game-playing AI with Swift for TensorFlow by IBM
Language : English
Course Number : AI0111EN
Duration : 4 Hours
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Istio is an open platform to connect, secure, and manage a network of microservices, also known as a service mesh, on cloud platforms such as Kubernetes in the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service. With Istio, You can manage network traffic, load balance across microservices, enforce access policies, verify service identity on the service mesh, and more.
In this course, you learn how to install Istio alongside microservices for a simple mock application called Guestbook. When you deploy Guestbook’s microservices into an IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service cluster where Istio is installed, you inject the Istio Envoy sidecar proxies in the pods of each microservice.
Important: Some configurations and features of the Istio platform are still under development and are subject to change based on user feedback. Allow a few months for stabilization before you use Istio in production.
WHAT WILL I GET AFTER PASSING THIS COURSE?
You will receive a completion certificate.
- Set up your environment
- Install IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service command-line utilities
- Access your cluster and clone the repo
- Install Istio on IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
- Download the Guestbook app and create the Redis database
- Install the Guestbook app with manual sidecar injection
- Add the Watson Tone Analyzer service
- Lab 1: Observe service telemetry – metrics and tracing
- Challenges with microservices
- Configure Istio to receive telemetry data
- View guestbook telemetry data
- Connecting the entire trace
- Lab 2: Expose the service mesh with the Istio Ingress controller
Istio Ingress controller
- Expose the Guestbook app with Ingress
- Optional: Set up the Istio Ingress controller to work with the IBM Cloud Container Service
- Lab 3: Manage traffic
- Traffic management rules
- Guestbook app
- Perform A/B testing with Istio
- Incrementally roll out changes with canary deployments
- Circuit breakers and destination rules
- Lab 4: Secure your services
- Mutual authentication with Transport Layer Security (mTLS)
- Set up Istio Certificate Authority (CA)
- Verify the authenticated connection
- Lab 5: Enforce policies for microservices
- Service isolation with the denier adapter
- Create a policy that denies access to services
- Final exam
- You should have a basic understanding of containers, microservices, Istio, and IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service. If you have no experience with those, take the following courses:
- Getting Started with Containers on IBM Cloud
- Getting Started with Microservices with Istio and IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
- You must have a Trial, Pay-As-You-Go, or Subscription IBM Cloud account to complete this course.
- Use Kubernetes 1.9.x or later because earlier versions might require changes in manifests.
- You must have already created a cluster in IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service.
All The Best Job Seekers..! Build Your Career With Us.
Apply For Off Campus Jobs
Off Campus Jobs
Links To Apply
Join Programming Challenges